Swiss Waste Jacket – short, grey
OUR SWISS WASTE JACKETS ARE LIMITED TO 200 PIECES. The reason for the limitation is that - we only sell as many outfits as we can produce from the PET-bottles we`ve collected. And in order to avoid overproduction for certain styles, colors or sizes we would like to offer you a little discount for any pre-orders. All jackets will be numbered consecutively. DELIVERY END OF OCTOBER 21.
The SWISS WASTE JACKET from Round Rivers is a super warm oversize unisex winter jacket, entirely made from Swiss waste. All raw materials are sourced and converted within a production radius of only 140km. Your new winter jacket is CO2-positive.
The outer and inner layers are made of 18 PET-bottles that we sourced ourselves from the Zurich river Limmat. In this way, we clean the environment and generate our own raw material at the same time.
The insulation layer is made of recycled down from unused duvets and pillows that we source in Switzerland. Of course, these are washed and sterilized. Recycled down have the same performance as new ones and guarantee highest wearing comfort - just without animal suffering.
The oversized unisex jacket is available in 3 sizes.
Model is 175cm and wears size 1.
- shell: 100% upcycled polyester (made of 14 PET-bottles from the Zurich river)
- down: recycled Swiss down
- entirely sourced and produced within 140km
- produced sustainable, fair, ethic, mostly with family owned manufacturers
- has a CO2-positive footprint
- manufactured in Switzerland & Northern Italy
Our production chain is 100% transparent – from the raw material to the finished product. Did you know it is common to start with production step no. 6? ROUND RIVERS is 5 steps ahead.
1. Sourcing the PET-bottles – Zurich, Switzerland
2. Sorting by color – Zurich, Switzerland
3. Shredding into plastic flakes – Thurgau, Switzerland
4. Processing into yarn – Ticino, Switzerland
5. Knitting yarn into textile – Varese, Northern Italy
6. Tailoring – Varese, Northern Italy
Dry clean only.